Tuesday, March 9, 2010

West Side Story : a review by Abdennour ALEM


I.REVIEW :

I dislike this film because it was boring and very long. I think it was lots of song and this, it was annoise me. The story was great but it did not interest me but I found the Puerto Rican accent was funny. It was great romantic film, but for me, it was too long and I hate musical. For me, the principal characters, Tony, not thinking because he was dead, after he know Maria was dead, but not keep checking if it was true or false, and in real was false. If he went keep cheking, he was probably not dead. The song of "The Jets" was funny because they looked stupid when they song and the people around was effrayed when they came. The beginning was funny when "The Jets" and "The Sharks" ran one after the other. I found funny when the policeman came for prevent him to fight, they maked kinds.

II.SIMILARITIES & DIFFERENCES WITH ROMEO AND JULIET :

The similarities between Romeo & Juliet and West Side Story was:
-One of the main characters died( Romeo & Tony)
-The friend of the main characters died (Riff & Mercutio)
-
He encounters her promises in a party
-He see again this girl
in the rival house ( Capulet's house and Puerto Rican house)
-A person sayed to the main charachters her girlfriend was dead

The differences between
Romeo & Juliet and West Side Story was:
-In WSS Maria was not dead but in R&J Juliet was dead
-In WSS a rival sayed Maria is dead but in R&J is the servant who sayed Juliet is dead
-In WSS the two lovers were not married but in R&J the were married by a friar
-In WSS Tony dead by a gun but in R&J Romeo poisoned himself



1 comment: